photo b25057d1-2a8e-4652-8627-502b93ccd5b6.jpg

Friday, November 2, 2012

Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura - Day 5 (2 November 2012)

Day 5

Another awful night, I am not sure I am here to recuperate or suffer. My "neighbor" was pretty restless last night, creating a din. Phew... And to add insult to injury, another "new uncle on the block" blatantly smoked on his bed and I was looking all over the ward for the source and didn't even realize it was from my room. He is one ninja i must say. Anyway he was caught later and told off. But at 5.30am, I was awoken by the stench of cigarette smell in the air. I had enough. I complained to the staff nurse and ask her to either remove his cigarette pack or him. 

Doc will check me tomorrow and if my platelet is on a upward trend, I may have some good news. Keeping my fingers crossed. I can't wait to put this hell behind me. 


 I continue to work on the Red Horn today. Managed to complete the whole body. Four legs and I will be done tomorrow. Looks like I need my wife to bring Dark Horn on as well. 


These few days of enforced rest was good. I have been caught in the rat race for so long that I lost touch of my inner self. Time to take a step back and assess my life. Family, Work and Passion. Usually, the three don't mixed. And it is tough to achieve a balance as well. I admit I am too absorbed and obsessed with my hobby and I need to pull out before I get burned out. But to be frank, it's my interaction with certain people that really "burned" me than the actual hobby itself. Anyway, I am going to leave that behind me. 

First step to recuperation is to spend more time with my family. You can't turn back the clock you know.... Before you know it, your kids are all grown up and you never really get to know them. That would be terrible. 

Well... yawnnn...talk more tomorrow... enough excitement for today. 






0 comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

READERS